Friday, May 24, 2013

Ezekiel 10:4 "Then the glory of the Lord rose up from the cherub to the threshold of the house; the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the glory of the Lord."

Ezekiel is AWE Inspiring. His intricate, complex and descriptive words poetically provoke worship of God. 

Gothic Cathedral Milan or Duomo di Milano


His words reminded me of the cathedrals in Europe who often get a bad rap.  Too much money spent on expensive buildings that go empty and unused today.  




But I think there is a place for ornateness.  When I visited these cathedrals, all I could do was sit and be in awe which was the intent.  The cathedral invited me into the dwelling on the glory of 
God.   The tall ceilings echoed the worshipful chants of old, the stain glass told stories of saints, the smell of history, the people's silence.The beauty was mesmerizing.  I found myself deep in thought and prayer in one and near tears in the other.  They were very moving places.



The book of Ezekiel is like a cathedral. You don't understand everything you see (or read) but you are made very aware that God is much bigger than you and deserves worship and awe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment